About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Thursday 12 February 2009

Gwen

Thursday morning, and it is high time I got fit. Spurred on by my friend Sarah who is following the Guardian's get fit in 8 weeks programme, I decided I would try the Jaine Rose shorter version (get fit in 8 minutes, whilst eating chocolate and watching Johnny).

You see, in my mind I am Gwen Stefani in a little crop top. In reality I can now see that my bottom half looks like a pair of badgers trying to escape out of my trackie. But undeterred, I started a slow rolling sprint up Spider Lane and towards our local park, Daisy Bank. Ohmigod. I thought I was going to need resusitating. I think this is going to take a little more time and committment.

But on the way back, I started to feel good. I guess those endorphins were kicking in. Either that, or I really had died and was having an out of body experience. A week from now, if I repeat this little exercise, I can see I am going to have the zeal and tediousness of a reformed smoker. It could get addictive. I really could end up looking like Gwen. I will report back......
.

1 comment:

  1. I am afraid I have given up trying to get fit..I always experience the same symptoms you had and I do not like pain! Joking aside, I am hoping the summer will offer swimming and walking opportunities that the winter does not.

    ReplyDelete