About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Wednesday 21 January 2009

Different Rhythm


These have been long days.....with little else other than knitting, rocking, looking out of the window, dreaming. It should have been blissful, but the truth is, post-flu, I have been forced to slow down to "stillness" and it has been painful. While I watch a storm of work and washing grow around me. I asked the Universe for a complete break, thinking of long walks and deep breathing, and this is what I got, a big viscious germ invading my body. File note: be more mindful of precise wording next time. But today I am noticing a new rhythm entering me, and it is slower, calmer, ocean time. I bet that all the jobs will shrink to fill this new amount of time. I'm thinking that everything will get done. And if it doesn't, it didn't need doing so badly in the first place. As Kesty says, "my pace is slow...." - a mantra repeated over and over.....and I am beginning to believe it. Oh joy.

1 comment: