About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Thursday 29 January 2009

Patience


Late January window - such grey days, bare trees, I am ready for Spring in a big way now. But part of Imbolc for me is remembering that this last part of winter is often the hardest. Just like the coldest hour of the night is just ahead of dawn, before the light breaks the inky sky. I am not a patient person. I find it hard to sit quietly and trust. Being creative helps keeps my hands busy, and it is a great time of year for that. I must try and walk those muddy hills more, listen to the birds, smell what little green there is. And to be comfortable in this still place for just a bit longer. It's not like I don't have a mountain of work to be getting on with. I just want to be skipping out into the warm sunshine, in my purple crocs, camera in hand, escaping the house for a bit....
So I decorate my windows with colour, until the outside colour returns. It's not quite as sparkly as Christmas, but still a distraction, if only from those dirty old windows (must get around to that job...) and the fog beyond, that has settled for the last couple of days.




1 comment:

  1. Patience....hmmmm...the universe is still trying to teach me that lesson. I am terrible but living here you have to have patience or you go mad.

    I must admit that I have become much more laid back than I ever was before and my German friend even commented on it!! How things can change.

    Loads of sunny patience from us...

    ReplyDelete