About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Hope


There are people putting the world back together again. Piece by piece, hope by shining hope. Will today see such a day? We will pause, as we watch one man step forward, holding all our collective dreams. Let our hearts be open, and know that we can vision a different world. I know we can. But I also know that, in Carolyn Hillyer's words, "it takes time to birth a mountain".

3 comments:

  1. Jaine,

    A wonderful new year blog! how lovely x


    In the darkness there is always light!

    sending some love and light~ we have light today in wiltshire, im under a blanket with very spotty large cat on my legs, i think he is quite blissfully happy! ~

    i hope its light where you are, thanks so much for the chat :O).

    I feel like a pupa, the four stages of butterfly ~ egg, pupa, caterpillar, butterfly ~~~~~ the pupal stage (for some species) can last for up to 2 years! I do vision myself to be at least half free from sofa slouching within the next 6 months! affirmation and faith will see me right..as well as beautiful mark who makes the best hot water for herbal tea infusion!


    i like this :O)

    Pupa: The Transition Stage

    When the caterpillar is full grown and stops eating, it becomes a pupa. The pupa of butterflies is also called a chrysalis.

    Depending on the species, the pupa may suspended under a branch, hidden in leaves or buried underground (or plopped on a sofa ;O) The pupa of many moths is protected inside a coccoon of silk.

    This stage can last from a few weeks, a month or even longer. Some species have a pupal stage that lasts for two years (if it is so, so be it ~~~ ;O) all will be well.

    It may look like nothing is going on but big changes are happening inside (yaye!)Special cells that were present in the larva are now growing rapidly. They will become the legs, wings, eyes and other parts of the adult butterfly. Many of the original larva cells will provide energy for these growing adult cells (ohh so magical is life!)

    wishing you, your family and the EP team great moments of clarity and fruition in the coming moons ~~~

    you all have acheived great things, and the 2009 diary...a baby was born, and she will grow and grow!

    IS truely inspiring, beautiful and from the heart...

    hope you have some 2009 moments soon ;O)

    ~ Imbolc beauty ~

    lots of love
    kel
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful and wise words, how lovely...
    Glad you like the blog...they are amazing things aren't they. Do you have one?
    love Jaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaine,
    i dont have a blog but signed up so i could follow your words, i think i can do a blog with my account, will look into it, i think i may give it a go!
    blessings and imbolc lovelyness :O)
    kel
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete