About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Sunday 25 January 2009

Lucy, Andy, Olly, Jessie


Once upon a time there were four happy biscuits living in a very nice biscuit tin in Stroud. They were loved by all their friends, because the mummy biscuit made squid soup and cakes that truly would melt in your mouth (even courgette cake) and because the daddy biscuit made everyone laugh, and also he started up the biggest band ever, that everyone joined. The two baby biscuits were lush too, sort of like chocolate digestives, and they had lots of friends.
But one day the biscuits decided to have a big, grand adventure, and travel across the world to Canada, where they had heard there were super cool cookies living. And this made a lot of people in Stroud very sad, but we all knew we had to share these lovely biscuits, and trust that one day they would indeed come on home. Of course, we got a little sneaky and sent them tempting pictures of all the parties they were missing, and all the squids and courgettes; but they just sent us back exciting pictures of them ice skating and hanging out with bears and cookies by lakes and forests.
But of course, we know that biscuits cannot travel for ever. They just become sad and crumbly. And their chocolate bits melt. And their nuts might fall off. So we are keeping their lovely tin warm and cosy for them for when they get tired of the cookies and come on home. To us. For good.

No comments:

Post a Comment