About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Saturday 24 January 2009

Getting stitchy


I have been having a lovely time this week, with plenty of scope for work avoidance, making this shoulder bag (ssshhh! A present for a good friend...)

The back is felted, with cotton flowers stitched on - little paintings printed out on special cotton and linen fabric that will go through an inkjet printer. And the front is an absent minded piece of knitting that just grew, from my long days on the sofa. My friend Martha, and her mother Geraldine, had baskets and baskets of wool to give away recently. A few of us had a very gorgeous and woolly morning picking through the different yarns, and I brought armfuls home with me. (Thank you G. and M.) And so this is what happened to some of that wool.




Ah, nothing better than settling down somewhere quiet and cosy (even if it means I have to hide from the children; the bathroom is a favourite spot...) for a little bit of stitchiness and creativity. As it is January, I am back to believing my fantasy that I will make everyone's birthday presents this year. It has been a good start, although my poor heart already knows that the September birthdays onwards mighten fare so well! But hey, I am a demon with the chocolate chilli biscuits and they can be whipped up in a flash. Saturday now, and after a morning of climbing walls and children centred activity, my warm bathroom is calling to me and my needles for a little escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment