About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Monday 26 January 2009

New seeds


Today is Lunar Imbolc. It is the new moon - and the one nearest to the festival of Imbolc which is a week away. It is a time to gently move out of winter....spring is somewhere around the corner - although the sun is getting stronger it still feels cold and dark. So I am trusting that light and warmth is returning.


It is a time to plant all those seeds of ideas I have been dreaming all winter....what do I want this new cycle of the year to bring? What do I want to see grow in my life? Imbolc always fills me with a new wave of being creative. Maybe I can feel all those bulbs getting ready to push through the cold earth into new life.




I will light lots and lots of candles; a fire outside would be better, and maybe that will happen this weekend. Until then, I am sitting quietly with these new dreams; I have been looking at my small front garden, wondering if there is enough space there to squeeze in a greenhouse, and a couple of raised beds. Looking out the window, all I can see are big, ripe red tomatoes and pots and pots of basil. Maybe the odd pepper plant. I don't think I can bear to watch any more of my lovely tomatoes die in the garden this summer, under a deluge of rain. So a greenhouse or polytunnel is the answer I think. Hmmm. But how to get there??


No comments:

Post a Comment