About Me

My photo
I am an artist, a mother, a witch, and an aromatherapist, living happily among a wonderful community in Stroud, Gloucestershire. I spend my days honouring Mother Earth through my work and my garden, and my growing family. I have an art and ceramics background, as well as a strong interest in birth and aromatherapy. I find inspiration for my paintings in many things. I find I am continually amazed by the unusual and lovely people I meet on my journey. I feel excited and privileged to be alive in this time of the "great turning", an awakening of our human impact on our planet, with a chance to create more sustainable and peaceful ways of living together.

Friday 23 January 2009

Order


Today I have been having a "Sleeping with the Enemy" moment. You know, that bit in the film when Julia Roberts opens her cuboard doors, and all the tins are stacked beautifully? O.K, so it is majorly creepy. But what bliss - someone has come in to your house, and done that. Question: do you have to sleep with an enemy to get your house in perfect order? I'm not sure I know too many. But that lovely feeling of everything neat and just so. Addictive. Yes, I am a virgo, and yes, obviously anal. And clearly I need to get out a whole lot more. How many of us truly can sit with chaos, and just enjoy being. My Canadian friend Carol always says "they're not gonna put on your grave 'she kept a neat house'" - and I love her house. So what are those naughty cuboards saying?? Well, I am cultivating nerves of steel. Oh yes. I will leave them. Just as they are. Let them chatter away, I am not listening.

But couldn't resist just hanging these wet tea towells together, as they looked so colourful and inviting........

1 comment:

  1. Hi there again!!

    one of the nice things about living her in Tunisia is the lack of things we have. No problems tidying up!!! I find it very cathartic being able to get everything done in a couple of hours and then being able to sit in the warm sun (rather a lack of it at the moment) for another couple of hours. I do so love it here!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete